Homeworking Day

How much work is too much to complete in a day? I have a lot of work to get done today since tonight is Girls Night [mental note scrounge for change for $1 PBR tallboys - classy] and I have class tomorrow night, the night after that and on Saturday.

I am currently getting my paralegal certificate to be fancy and work in a law office. I figured that complemented my Bachelor of Arts nicely, but that is a whole other post for sure!
How do you normally organize your tasks for the day? General to do? By time it takes to complete? By using a calendar? Let me know!
Here is how I schedule out my time for today:
    Probate Practice 
  • Assignment 1 - Figuring out what Counties in Oregon have Probate forms that are Probate based, but not small estate affidavits - time wise: 30 minutes
  • Assignment 2 - Using the previous fact pattern find the Brokerage form for restricting accounts and fill it out - time wise: 20 minutes
  • Assignment 3 - Does a big church newspaper count for needing to advertise for creditors? Find the ORS Answer why/not? - time wise: 30 minutes
  • Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
    Break for Lunch
  • total time: 1 hour
    Techniques of Interview
  • Make a 'cheat sheet' for interviews with other case and client info - time wise: 15 minutes
  • Review Spoonwise case - time wise: 10 minutes
  • Read Chapter 11 - time wise: 20 minutes
  • Do assignment for chapter 11 - time wise 20 minutes
  • Read Chapter 12 - time wise: 20 minutes
  • Do assignment for chapter 12 - time wise 20 minutes
  • Create Client questions - time wise 30 minutes
  • Total time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
    Legal Research
  • Complete reading - time wise: 15 minutes
  • Complete page 2 of packet - time wise 20 minutes
  • Total time: 35 minutes

Now all of that seems like it's great, but I also have enough sense to know that most of those projects will probably take more [most likely] or less time to complete. I think that I need to really get started or else I may just burst from over homeworking!

0 comments: